View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3868482)   #6135
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes, i agree it is good they aren't doing it for Le Mans, but why have a championship where you run to a set of rules and then toss them for the last round? I guess it is the ACO/FIA's way to make sure there are more cars potentially in the running for the championship when the last round comes up?
Makes sense, but for me, and I suspect the ACO too, the championship is less important than Le Mans itself. I believe applying success ballast to the preceding rounds is one of many compromises the ACO has had to make to bring manufacturers on board, but dug their heels in when it came to Le Mans. I don't think they want it, but have been persuaded to use it. Not sure if I've worded that in a way that makes sense.