View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2018, 21:11 (Ref:3869013)   #71
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Is someone suggesting to add the not-so-old LMP1 cars to the Asian Le Mans?

It is just me noticing these winter series have zero interest from the fans.
Yes. P1 - even obsolete-by-late-2021-P1 - here would make ASLMS watchable. As it stands now the series has a very boring outlook with dull, gray Formula 1 circuits (at least last year they still had Zhuhai), half of which are the same exact ones used by WEC but for some reason run separately. The Thai race being made 'grander' than the other events is respectable but even so it doesn't really shine out with same faces turning up and nothing special being at stake, like extra LM auto invite or integrated grid with regional series. Finally the pro-am Division B format is just as dis-interesting as in ELMS to me.

The one and only real positive about this series right now is that the non-spec LMP2s are there, instead of the cartel regulations. Or rather, could've been, seen it's just Onroak-fest right now (albeit Nissan and Judd powered) by accident. I read somewhere that the old SMP P2 chassis was to be entered but then cancelled.

There was also a race this weekend I guess

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Dec 2018 at 21:17.