Thread: Driver Petrov v Heidfeld
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2854242)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor View Post
Apparently Heidfeld was involved in a crash and his car was quite damaged. However he should qualify better anyway.
Heidfeld would have qualified had he not been badly held up (by Schumacher, I understand, an act MS was reprimanded for, along with Hamilton and Rosberg.... why were they not penalised btw? Found guilty but not punished? Favouritism because of the names involved?)

Whether the team were trying to be smart and save a set of tyres by having him run so late in Q1 was stupid. Heidfeld is the sort of guy that needs to post a good banker lap first, the full pressure lap against the clock is not and never has been his forte.

I am sure he will be back on the pace, and setting times comparable with Petrov in Malaysia. I still reckon Nick will end up with more points than Petrov this season. (Yes I believe that he will be there all year. I cant see Kubica getting back in the car and being able to operate at full capacity, certainly not in 2011.)

However it was indeed a resounding win by Petrov over Heidfeld this weekend. Equally, three good races in a row from Petrov (to add to Abu Dhabi 2010 and Australia this weekend) is something of previously uncharted territory for him. Mind you he is showing somewhat greater composure and consistency in his driving compared to say early last year.

Last edited by E.B; 27 Mar 2011 at 15:41.