View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3818476)   #57
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
In the past, similar moves have resulted in a driver being parked. If anything, I'd say they went easy on Skeen.
I don't think he did it on purpose, but his mistake ended the weekend for another driver. The consequences should reflect that.
Skeen didn't run off course, then fly back on and take out another driver like we saw from Baptista in the GTS race at Mid Ohio last season, ironic as it is. Mike's move wasn't egregious, he also took blame and apologized. Also more than what happened last season in the GTS Mid O race. The consequence was that LSR's race 1 was essentially taken away, as was their fast lap to set the grid for Race 2. To me it was harsh for a racing incident.

I'd be curious to see what would have happened if there were tires and not just cement walls right there. The Bentley is (probably) in one piece and LSR's penalty would have been A LOT lighter I reckon.