Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3880468)   #3367
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
agree with wnut..this is pretty much what we have now.

also no post from me would be complete without me saying the probelm isnt supply deals but really about relative budget sizes so here goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Do we EVER think we will see a team use components from a larger team and use them better than the larger team and challenging them?
if by larger team you mean a manufacturer team then yes we have seen this happen most recently with RBR and their customer Renault engine deal....although i wouldn't say they cooperated with each other!

RBR's advantage was partially ingenuity but beyond that they had lots and lots of money and when they were winning titles they were outspending their supplier as well as the rest of their competition.

obviously with me, the main differentiator is budget size so yes, i think a customer team with a sufficient budget can beat its suppler.

failing that though, why not make things easier for the 2nd tier?

allowing them to spend less money and stay financially healthy while they fill out positions 4-10 on the table seems like a good start particularity when there is no viable plan to control budgets.