Old 20 Oct 2019, 04:18 (Ref:3935771)   #258
Dougie
Rookie

United States
Pacific Northwest
Dougie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM View Post
Home again after a great weekend. Congratulations to all finishers of the Six Hours, especially the winners on GTS11, car 219 Peereboom - Izakc - Smith, another great drive from all 3 of you.

I was in MGB Car 41 - Cripps - McCarthy. Our race was started a little rough as like a few others we missed the 20 minute window to grid, caught a little off guard by the race actually starting on time for a change, so had to start from the pit lane.

I set off onto the wet track and made some good progress, unfortunately the passenger wiper blade had other ideas and when it got stuck against the hard top after 30 minutes. I managed to get nearly to the hour mark before I called it too dangerous to see when I stopped to get the wiper removed and handed over for Mr Cripps for his 2.5 hour stint.

He trooped on steadily moving up the standings and at the 3 hour mark we importantly moved back past our garage rivals in the 91 MGB. Mr Cripps pitted and handed the car back over to me for the last stint. I settled into a rhythm with the tired car, the only real issue being pretty substantial brake knock off, we ran as high as 21st o/a and 3rd in GTS11 before unfortunately requiring an extra stop for fuel. Brain fade at the fuel stop was completely my own fault, so I'll be taking some stick for a while, deservedly.

Does anyone know of any links to photographs? Or photographers that were there?

looking forward to next time
I schedule a little holiday around the Spa race weekend. My wife was on a business trip to Amsterdam already, so my daughter and I fly over from the states the week before the Six Hour. We stay in a great air b & b five minutes from the track. What a beuatiful track and a wonderful event, Friday, Saturday and Sunday the racing was great. We spent a lot of time walking through the paddocks and visiting fellow big Healey racers from the UK & Sweden. My daughter loved your # 41 and cheered for you with every lap. Sorry no action shots, here's a few from the pits.
More info on the Six Hour - http://www.motorsportretro.com/2019/...spa-six-hours/
Attached Thumbnails
Spa MGB 41 -1.jpg   Spa MGB-41 2.jpg   Spa MGB-41 3.jpg  

Spa MGB-41 4.jpg  
'57 100-SIX MM #414 G2