View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3920134)   #633
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Regarding the circuit this year, I discovered an area that I had always considered 'off limits' - parking at 'Karting' and walking back under the tunnel and turning left and walking anti-clockwise around to the inside of Pouhon - some great views and photo opps to be had - spent the last three hours around this area.
Last year there was a temporary grandstand up the slope through the gate (the corner is called Paul Frere I believe) but you couldn't walk any further round inside Pouhon. This year I walked under the bridge hoping to find the same but saw the gate was shut and turned back, assuming the tents and people I could see there were one of the many corporate shindigs. I then saw people who were obviously regular spectators walking round, but by then I'd gone quite a long way further round and decided not to retrace my steps. One for next year. It seems that every year where you can go or not changes - at least that means exploration can be rewarded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Apologies for the length of this - just had dinner and a beer or two and wanted to try to tell people who didn't get the chance to be at Spa - BOOK IT FOR NEXT YEAR! - Just the best weekend of the whole racing year!
Second best - Nurburgring 24 beats it :-). But I wholly endorse the suggestion that anyone who likes endurance racing should make the Spa 24 a priority.

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 28 Jul 2019 at 22:17.