View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1003637)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You may not be able to over rev on upshifts but I'd assume you can on the down shift. These are semi automatic gearboxes which means that you could conceivably down shift from sixth to fifth whilst the rear wheels were turning at sixth gear speed. Thus when the gears engage the engine can over stress itself.

Some drivers like to use engine braking because it enduces an amount of oversteer and alows later turn in. If that is what Takuma is doing I'd suggest it would have a bearing. (If you'll pardon the pun).

FYI, this is the same concept as having a rev limiter on a race car. It only works whilst going up through the gears and not when the engine is in overrun mode.