Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Combine this with the oft quoted "impending demise" of V8 $upercars, the Sub-prime finance crisis, the fact I had to download Underbelly from a P2P internet site just to watch it, the forthcoming US recession, GM's recent 40 + billion dollar loss, more local interest rate rises, my local sandwich shop putting up the price of my usual roast beef roll by 50c, the political unrest in East Timor, the Indian cricket team, and the fact I stubbed my toe yesterday:
I'd just about say that Australian motorsport is almost totally stuffed....

Sorry was that

Who gives a toss about where Targa source their insurance.

With Octagon being a commercial entity, it is in their stakeholders interest that they find the best commercial deal.

AASA, AAMI, Alliance, Shannons, CAM$, and even Lloyd's of London all offer to insure you.

Who you choose is your commercial right, be it house, car, commercial, PL, or motorsport event insurance; and the sooner some people realise that, the better off motorsport might be........
Ok, I am going to come out and say this - I have been a little nagative towards the AASA in the past, but this is what I see as a positive.

An entity that is already set up with sound regulations and formats, saving their competitors ALOT of money (Well, not much for Jim, but alot for Joe (Bloggs) Around the corner with an XU1 he wants to drive).

So, despite previous posts about the AASA and how their "come as you are" policies can be negative in some aspects, this is infact a positive thing for all involved. So I do give a toss - but in a positive sense! (As I guess you do as well)

Also, a one off licence fee that is good for other events the year round? Thats a pretty good price!