View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2019, 06:23 (Ref:3897876)   #43
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks Bob! I understand that special permission had to be obtained from MSUK for a Le Mans Start to take place. Apparently due to seat belt regs, which probably aren't an issue so much in pre-war cars....

At Le Mans Classic, after taking the traditional start, the cars drive round to the Mulsanne carefully, then stop again so the drivers can be correctly strapped in. They then continue with a normal rolling start.....
Mike when 'signing-on' photographers were told individually that special permission had been given for us to stand on the pit wall for the Le Mans start.

Seeing the number of snappers present, and knowing that there are only so many gaps in the wire fence, a couple of us decided to stand opposite, and get a different view, however, as we stood poised for action we noticed that the pit was devoid of purple vests! Apparently photographers were not allowed on the wall, so there were quite a few angry photographers left fuming.

I can pay to be different.

I will be busy with my Morgan duties for a day or so, but will add more pics when I can.