View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3964217)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC (and I suspect many other clubs) has of course issued a statement that they expect to carry on as planned, and I'd like to think that is the case - my entry is in for our first event of the season on April 18/19 at Cadwell - although the first event of the Series is in two weeks at Snetterton, but I'm sceptical given the way the government seems to be shifting ground as the case numbers ratchet up.

With my AROC hat on, we had a lengthy tele-conference Board meeting last night having already taken the decision to postpone the Section Secretaries meeting planned for this weekend , and rebook for this time next year.......all other planned events for this year are being reviewed on a case-by-case basis - but our view is that Government action being taken to restrict "mass attendance" events may mean that we have to cancel our Spring Alfa Day at Yorkshire wildlife park on April 19.

For the motorsport world generally, with all F1 now off until at least May, and Zandvoort looking at risk then, talk of business as normal seems optimistic, and I wonder how many clubs and circuits will find themselves in some financial difficulty.