Old 12 Apr 2020, 01:40 (Ref:3970196)   #8
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
There hasn't been any since last year.

Russell posted about it on his FB recently, it seems like they weren't able to get the time and budget to get it going again before the current situation hit.
It looked like they made the shows they did on a budget of nothing. How much does it take? - set camera / phone / GoPro up, dribble crap, post on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
They both came across as being thick as 2 planks.

On the other hand I’d happily listen to a series of Ryan Story, Ryan Walkinshaw and Roland Dane.
Yes this show would be much more preferable, and you would actually learn and realise why things happened, and how they happened, and it would involve the spectators in the sport a lot more rather than just watching the broadcast then everyone talking conspiracy theories on here until the next race. Just keep Skaife out of it, and don't try to dumb it down because that takes away so much of the part that actually makes the difference. But like a lot of things with the sport, they seem to just keep trying to blindly cater to the bogan element, rather than engage with their fans in an intellectual way, which could actually attract more people that like, or even prefer, the technical side of the sport.

On that note, I've got the V8 Supercars Technical Analysis book ( 2 copies of it actually ) they produced in was it 2007? It is a great book, very good for a first edition, but has always left me hanging for more, more detail, more in-depth explanations, more technical stuff. I really hope they do more of these books. I know teams what to protect their IP and competitive advantage etc, but lots of items are control parts, and the rest can be done on 2 year old stuff, as it's still way above what a regular racer has but we can learn so much to improve our own understanding to improve our own cars.