View Single Post
Old 15 May 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3976376)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The IGTC is not the baseline, the event grew from a local competitor base. I am not sure why now it can't be held based on the same?
The problem is the competitors of the "old" 12 hour now race in the 6 hour, and local GT is a shambles. I think about all the "gentlemen" drivers that make up AGT competitors, and they will no doubt have huge financial losses and will no doubt the VERY busy trying to fix the issues in the businesses that allow them to go racing. I doubt very much whether many of these guys will be up for their regular jaunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
With a different promoter at the helm, I can't see a hiatus being the preferred option?
Who is going to go to massive financial risk to run a race for maybe 10 cars, especially at a time when its very shaky whether fans will turn up, how densely they can be accomodated... How they can even travel.

You can bet your butt that if this was GT only it would be off.