View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1512927)   #3
ssilviu
Rookie

Romania
Romania
ssilviu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddock rumours said the departure of Fernando Alonso could also mean Renault does not have a long-term commitment to Formula One. Talking at the launch Renault President and CEO, Carlos Ghosn, revealed Renault won't quit Formula One if it continues to fight at the front of the field.

"As long as we continue to perform well, we offer a good show, and obviously we are at the top level of Formula One, then there are not questions about the future in Formula One," said Ghosn. "Obviously, there is some uncertainty about the conditions in which Formula One will evolve beginning in 2008. This is not a preoccupation of Renault alone, it is a preoccupation for all manufacturers trying to figure out what will be the environment of Formula 1."

The Renault President continued saying about Renault's future in Formula 1: "But if I eliminate this uncertainty, if I consider that we are going to come to a good resolution of the questions we have, and that Formula One will continue to have a good, fair return on investments for car manufacturers in general and for the winner in particular, then we must be there."

"In the meantime, I am counting on the Renault F1 Team, on the team we have in Enstone and the people in Viry-Châtillon to really perform well, to offer us a good show and hopefully bring back the trophy again in 2006."