View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3794913)   #28
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In GTD and GT3 it is really a mix of getting salary or bring in sponsorship.

If you look at the pro GT3 factory teams, then yes, the manufacturer pays everything. Though those drivers can earn some extra money with their personal sponsorships and sometimes also have their own company (for example Darren Turner with Base Performance). Their travel costs are paid and they have a big company car.

Though a lot of guys (like Jeroen Bleekemolen) choose to not race for a manufacturer, but drive in GTD for example with a gentlemen driver who hires them. I thought Jeroen Bleekemolen was sometimes travel 40 weekens a year for racing around the world. With some personal sponsors, I think he could earn around 200k a year.

Though it is really difficult to say how much everyone earns, especially how GT3, LMP2 and GTE-Am has developed. One silver driver gets paid by a manufacturer (Kelvin van der Linde), while an other silver driver needs to bring sponsorship (DHH), while a gold driver could have issues to get a drive.

Though I think the salaries for most of the drivers are between 20k and 200k, depending on brining sponsorship, having personal sponsors, need to do promotional activities, also be driving instructor, etc. Ofcourse depending on your legendary status like TK and McNish, it could go up to million(s)