View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3620642)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All of this anecdotal evidence is lovely but it just isn't supported by the statistics. You could argue we're less skilled, or you could point out that people don't need to know how to double d clutch since it isn't a relevant skill. What IS a relevant skill however is the ability to know the computer on your car rather well, which is something that many many of my elderly friends struggle with. So what exactly is the point in being skilled in things which aren't relevant?

Once again, I'll point out that the current driving test contains far more content than it ever has done, as well as introducing a theory test, hazard perception test and takes place on far more crowded and stressful roads than in the past. Yet the pass mark remains the same. Those terrible deskilled drivers of today are taking in more information and ticking more boxes than previous generations, and having the same success rate. I know that might hurt some of the older generations pride, but that's just the facts. Sorry guys!