View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3893488)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
JLR never do very well in reliability surveys, but I had a Disco 3 for 3 years without having to spend a penny on it apart from servicing. Big BUT, though, it was new at the start of my tenure and under warranty if something had gone wrong. I wouldn’t be confident running a 10 year old one with 100k miles on the clock, or a RR Sport of the same era, which shared chassis and running gear. Peter’s Grand Cherokee is a fairly simple vehicle in comparison and I’d be more confident running one of those, even though I’m not a big fan! It is a proper Jeep though, not an FCA offering.....

German offerings such as the Touareg, Cayenne and Merc ML also seem to be prone to trouble as they age, but simple old fashioned stuff like a Land Cruiser much less so..... The Audi Q7 may be worth reading up on, but the smaller Q5 has quite a low towing limit, being based on the Tiguan transverse engine architecture. I may be old fashioned, but I like a North / South engine position and RWD / 4WD based drive train in an SUV!