View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3959552)   #64
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
My favourite singer is Olympia and her tickets are only $30, as she is not popular yet... as a 30-something playing 70's-like pop rock music she falls into a "no man's land" between youth music stations that only play modern music and the classic rock stations preferred by older folks that never play new music. Hopefully her record company doesn't drop her after the third and final album in her contract.

The ticket prices that Supercars charge -- in order to prop up their teams' high running costs, by way of high event fees -- are ridiculous. For the motorsport enthusiast wanting to spectate, it's little wonder you would prefer to attend more affordable events like Shannons Nationals (i.e., TCR), hillclimbs and historics, rather than the overpriced Supercars series...

Maybe the failure of drums/electric bass/electric guitar music (i.e., rock) to engage with (most) young people is a lesson for Supercars? You can't keeping doing what you have always done, and expect to remain relevant?

Much like the Fender Telecaster and Fender Precision Bass, the roaring V8 engine is a aging product from over 70 years ago (indeed do most teenagers even get excited about Ford coupes with flathead V8s at all, or are they most interested in loading up the PC to play some Fortnite online?), and perhaps affection for it is fading?

Maybe Supercars should accept it's time is up in the mainstream (much like rock music?), and embrace it's position as a niche product (much like Jazz or Swing music)?
Um, the Hilltop Hoods are a hip hop group.