View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2007, 17:47 (Ref:2051324)   #19
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Sharp has explored ALMS as a fill-in option, and is expected to run selected events - probably with his father-in-law's team, Cytosport. He (and Patron) are primarily focused on the Indy 500 and IRL.

This ultimately came from Scott in an interview IIRC, but was preceded by the same information being told by Greg Pickett at Petit Le Mans.
What he said. AGR is in the process of stealing,errr signing Mutoh. Matsurra will not return to the series as of now. AGR does want more money than Panther for Mutoh so it remains to be seen if this will come about. Matsurras' results are not enough for his sponsorship to continue. Mutoh is faster and has no, let me repeat this, no fear right now. Of course he hasn't tasted the concrete walls yet in an Indycar either.
I would imagine that with Sam Hornish' dismal performance in Nascar qualifying he will reconsider what side of the bread his butter is on and stay in Indycar unless he can get into a car that is guarenteed a starting spot for the first 5 races on next years Cup season. Shekky is the odd man out at Vision right now but that could change with a possibility of sponsorship talks between Tony George and a certain well known billionaire that desires to return to Indycar racing in some form. The Indy Pro Series is getting stronger as the admins over there seem to think there could be 24-26 cars at every event plus 30 + at the Freedom 100 in May. This feeder series is beginning to do what it was designed to do and that was to provide a place to train and move up to Indycars. Alex Lloyd being signed by Ganassi is the best thing that has happened to the Pro Series. Of course Alex is a very, very good driver who has no money and this is a wonderfull opportuniity for him.

I'll go back to my lurking now !