Thread: Tony in trouble
View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2014, 02:09 (Ref:3443356)   #46
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I think it's a shameful day for motorsport. This sort of buffoonery rodeo clown type incident should not have happened and I think a lot of it goes back to this sort of behavior being approved and even encouraged by those running the show. And Nascar is one of the worst offenders.
Question is will Nascar do anything about it? I doubt it. From someone who occassionaly watches Nascar, this idea of "come to the race for fights and crashes" seems to be too deeply instilled in their marketing of the sport. In F1 if drivers fight they get penalties for bringing the sport into disrepute, yet in Nascar i've seen interviews with current and past drivers and other personnel who seem to actively encourage this behaviour.

As I said I don't live in the US or have ever stayed there so don't really know about the "Nascar Culture", but I don't understand how they can encourage drivers to completely disregard safety that should be common sense. (No offence to anyone on this forum, I put all of you in the "actual race fans" camp rather than the "come for a crash" camp)