View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3443421)   #58
Not Omnipotent
Rookie

South Africa
A world without pre-concieved ideas
Not Omnipotent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(Take 2) Hello people!

So, in one corner you have BIARB, then you have the rest. And then there's Razzzor (thanks a lot for being rational and thinking your post through! It's the most reasonable post on here and ignore the hate. Your logic is totally correct at this current time).

BIARB was initially throwing a tantrum about how Tony Stewart killed someone. Almost everyone else then ridiculed him and said "how can we know" and "you’re stupid" and "use your brain," etc, etc, etc, etc, etc until he basically rage quit this thread. Whilst that is probably for the better, his actions and the subsequent actions by everyone else (hello Garcon!) were also pretty shocking examples on how pathetic humans can be to each other.

It seems to me that people are trying to deflect blame off of Stewart. Ward walked up to him, he couldn’t have seen him, he accelerated to avoid him (how does that even make sense on a low-grip venue? Going faster with less grip will result on less control unless the mass/downforce on the sprint car design forces more mass onto the wheels. Even so, accelerating from 3 yards out, that would make 0% difference). After all, how many of you have driven a night race at the particular venue in that particular type of Sprint Car in those conditions?

I am not saying you’re wrong, but I personally think that this is the natural thing to do. Stewart is an icon of the sport, and for him to have been involved in something like this is indescribable. This is natural for most people. Most of you guys are almost saying “this cannot have happened,” probably sub-consciously, and as a result come up with reasons why it wasn’t Stewart’s fault. Perhaps the officials should’ve dragged Ward away from the wreckage? Perhaps Ward should never have gone up to Stewart? Well, perhaps Stewart shouldn’t have hit the accelerator pedal. Nobody wins.

This is perfectly natural. I just think it’s time someone pointed it out, otherwise this thread won’t be about the incident, but about how Kevin Ward Jr killed himself by accident whilst trying to wind up Tony Stewart. I’m not in any way defending Ward, but I think it’s time somebody actually put the blame where it should lie – in both Stewart and Ward’s hands.

I’m not going to make any judgements of any sort on the incident other than to say that two wrongs do not make a right. Both drivers were in the wrong, and despite some of the posts on here, I think you all know that.

As more details get uncovered from this case, I want you all to remember this quote:
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”

Perhaps the fact will be tougher to face than you think. If it is, however, don’t come up with excuses. Just accept it.

And once more I must credit Razzzor for saving this thread from plummeting into the depths of human ignorance by considering both sides of the argument and then coming to a conclusion.

Have a good day! This is Josh signing out.