View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2389474)   #63
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

[QUOTE=D.R.T.]
Quote:
Bazil, if the offer (and benefits stated in your post) was in return for handing over total control and rights to the series, I can imagine why there was resistance from the promoters/ management.
Group 1 marketing/promotional rights. Not ownership.

Quote:
Also if there was so much support from the competitors et al, than what was stopping a revolt or breakaway ?
Lack of suitable tracks that can run group1 over a quater mile as there are only 3 that are up to standard. And unfortunately the lack of competitor ticker to stand up to a couple of greedy bullys. Also I think the people that made the offer decided there was better things to waste time on, for now..

Quote:
Finally, please correct me if I am wrong (memory struggles) but wasn't the new proposal for the elite draggers only?

What about the little guys who have kept local drag racing alive for all these years. The WRC is a good example and look where they are these days.
Completely wrong again, as the groups 2,3 and 4 were offered the same event/meeting oppitunitys as they enjoyed at the time but with an added 100k per season series sponsorship of theses "little guys" thrown in as a bonus.