Old 6 Feb 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2389652)   #75
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
For all those emailing and PMing (that can't be a word) me regarding rumours etc. I have no intention of spreading those rumours any further. They may or may not be true I have no idea, it's just that this particular rumour or a corruption on it has reached me from at least half a dozen different sources all from within the V8 circus over the past few years. One swears blind to have been witness to the alleged incident.
All I'll say is if true and if some evidence can be found then it's a front page tabloid classic.
Point is in my line of work I have people coming up to me almost every day and offering some kind of outrageous rumour that "you can use on the show" of course you can't use any of them and most are little better than bizarre conspiracy theories from rabid V8 fans looking to bad mouth their chosen opposition side.
The thing is to tar an entire form of the sport based on the ALLEGED actions of one or two individuals is very dangerous.
As far as the health of Drag racing is concerned as some people have pointed out crowds are pretty good, they keep signing new sponsors and they are on not one, but two FTA TV outlets as well as pay.
I'm sure if the Shannons' Nationals could get even a quarter of the crowd that went out to Calder a couple of weeks back for a very average meeting then they'd be delirious.
BTW Brett Stevens and Victor were both down at Calder and sharing a garage, looked pretty cordial to me.
Yeah i didn't think there was any such incident.

Its the internet, its not like 90% of the **** on here is crap anyway, yet those people are happy to post what it is, rather than just hint to something!