View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3348121)   #6834
tomerswayler
Racer

tomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
...Actually I don't trust wikipedia, only TMG engineers know the real power output of the TS030 motor. I bet my 2 cents that only in the last 2 races, TMG used a full power engine setting. At Le Mans both toyota's could never be able to finish the race using the engine revving close to 10000rpm.
Of course, we'll never know the exact power of the engine, but the mentioned 395kW come very close to what Toyota has published here (530hp): http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/to...-ts030-hybrid/

And for me a maximum rev of 10000 doesn't sound to hard to achieve, even with an engine that's made for the 24h race. But that's only the max rev, the average rpm for the complete race will be somewhere in the region of 9000-9500 imo. The estimations in my post above show that with the help of the estimated torque and average pressure in the combustion chamber a rpm of at least 9000 is needed to achieve the 395 kW.