View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3890115)   #2559
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, I’m still not convinced. ‘Well subscribed blogger on YouTube’ puts me off, for a start!

Let me be clear, I have no particular opinion on Musk, but have followed Tesla, SpaceX et al with interest for years. I have observed over that time that Mr M has far from perfect public speaking and PR skills, and like some other high profile individuals, should be kept away from Twitter! But as a techie, he is responsible, like it or not, for kick-starting the modern EV ‘revolution’, initially with his own money, and has put a lot of noses out of joint in the process.

Tesla have made an awful lot of mistakes bringing the Model 3 into production, mostly due to ignoring ‘standard practice’ followed by most mainstream manufacturers. This includes not having (in my opinion) an adequate strategy in place to ship them en mass when they ramped up production. I’m sure there are cancelled orders, and cars in stock that possibly shouldn’t be, but the muddled initial production hasn’t helped.

I don’t think there’s anything happening in Europe that wasn’t planned. The car specification is not the same as USA spec, despite the steering wheel at least being the same side.....

BUT, that’s just what I believe. Others can form their own opinion or just read what’s posted on the internet- which of course is always true!