Thread: Haas 2021
View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2021, 00:02 (Ref:4038814)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I can't find the picture now, but somewhere I saw the US flag was printed backwards with the stars on top right.
Yes I noticed that too Max.

Found a pic that shows....(under the S of Haas)

Also note that Steiner has specifically avoided admitting any guilt re the flag similarity.
Guenther Steiner has denied its new livery was designed to circumvent restrictions on its driver Nikita Mazepin using the Russian flag.

(Mazepin, along with other Russian athletes, is forbidden from using the Russian flag at sporting events this year following a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last December on an investigation by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
Steiner denied this was a reaction to the WADA ruling.)

“We didn’t circumvent anything,” he said. “We came up with this livery already last year before all this came out from WADA about the Russian flag.”

The WADA restrictions forbid Mazepin and other Russian athletes from displaying the Russian flag and related symbols on their sports equipment for two years.

“Obviously we cannot use the Russian flag as the Russian flag but you can use colours on the car.”
“In the end it’s the athlete which cannot display the Russian flag and not the team, the team is an American team.”

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/04/...unced-steiner/