Thread: IMSA 2021
View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4079991)   #616
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Have any gt cars won overall (where prototypes were present) since the early 2000s other than Porsche?

I'm on board with a gtlm sending off.
Never happened in American Le Mans Series. Panoz GTR1 did win overall in a sprint race in Sebring in 1998. Plus they and the Champion Porsche came close in several other races. I think those days right now are over. Speed gap between Prototypes and GT cars are too far apart and that is with GTLM still there.

GT racing is undergoing a shift in some ways. Once GTE is gone from Le Mans and WEC as well. I think races like Nurburgring 24 and Spa 24 will become bigger and higher profile than Le Mans (GT speaking only). But that is on Europe side. On USA side it will remain status quo with Daytona and Sebring being biggest GT races even though its not for overall wins as the SRO has been unable to get anything going with their U.S based ICGT race.