View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4018266)   #37
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Well I bloody worry about at spectators , because I am one . Just because I don't race doesn't mean I don't have a stake in the sport.

But you're not a stakeholder. This season racing has proved it with racing going on quite happily behind closed doors. If you weren't there the average club driver wouldn't even notice, let alone care, and the circuits would save money by not having gate staff, security, toilet cleaners etc etc.

I repeat the assertion I've made many times on this forum: motor racing is for the driver/entrant not the spectator. The fact that some people enjoy watching it is by the bye; until said spectators pay for me to drive what they want to see, I will drive what I want to drive, it's my money I'm spending.

This is a commercial championship, if not enough people want to drive a GT40 against other GT40s it will fail. But if people want to race this series, why should they stop because someone's who has no investment in the racing doesn't enjoy it? As I said before: it's their money.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk