View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3954218)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
2. Show real car at first day of testing. Probably in testing livery. Maybe show CGI of race livery.
testing livery or their clever cigarette livery that they throw on for their filming days and winter tests but always faces a legal challenge once they arrive in OZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Either way, I expect most to continue to migrate away from old school expensive launches. Virtual launches (online, CGI cars) should be pretty cheap.
i believe to combination of an online launch (low light images) followed by renderings distributed to the media has become Mclaren's go to move. i want to say last year that the renderings were not complete. perhaps they were hiding bits, perhaps some bits were not ready for the launch date...while the overall design philosophy may be apparent, i am not sure if i like being misled.

i understand the necessity of their obfuscation, but ultimately i think it is, in the long run, self destructive. as car fans we want to celebrate a new car breaking cover but instead of that we are sort of, all be it indirectly, being told that these launches do not matter...maybe they are right.

i may be wrong on this, but one of the proposed new rules is to limit the number of in season aero upgrades during the year...i wonder if this will make the need to hide ones work during launches even more important?

anyways, the one thing i cant argue is that these types of launches are cost effective and F1 does need that.