View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2020, 20:35 (Ref:3964396)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
As a club secretary we are cancelling all our events, competitive, tours and social for at least two months. Many organisers and marshals are in the vulnerable age group as are many competitors and the over 70s may be under house arrest soon. It is folly for the big events to go ahead. Neither is it good PR for the sport. I also doubt if many of our foreign competitors will be able to get there anyway!
Exactly that thought went through my mind - though how they will enforce some of the rules they are coming up with I can't imagine. Where will they find the police as a starting point? And then what whill they do with the law breakers? Put them in the prisons they emptied due to the risk of infection transmission?

Not a few people I have spoken to have suggested they will not need to go out shopping because they can get things delivered.

Ok, but how many of the delivery drivers are of an age that is at least somewhat "at risk" ? What happens if they are taken out of the game?

I have been told that some supermarkets have no available delivery slots for at least 10 days - maybe longer now.

Not too many alternative non-shop based food sources around here. There are a few pigeons. And some cats. Anyone know what cat tastes like?

Not much chance with the dogs. They always seem to be on leads so I suppose one would have to "deal with" the owner as well. That might be difficult to cover up - always assuming they have not eaten their pet first before one gets a chance.

Must be about time to watch again "King Rat" in order to pick up a few survival tips ...