View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2011, 16:38 (Ref:3003256)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Things on the GTS front are a little complicated. It's no secret that the organisation in the last year was not up to the standard Jim Lowry set. At the last MGCC meeting the HRDC annouced out of the blue, that they were running an MGB50 series, something the MGCC had ideas about doing, given the state of GTS a group of the GTS drivers felt something needed to be done and emailed everyone who had done GTS and a committee was formed to run a new series "Ecurie GTS" under the MGCC banner. This will run at all the MGCC meetings and others.
In the mean time Christophe has sold the Equipe GTS name to the AMOC. Thus we have three similar series chasing the same cars, although HRDC want cars to run on Dunlops.

I dont race with AMOC anymore so I can only comment as bystander.

MRL/Duncan Wiltshire tend to provide a good package and service level to drivers, I quite like their events. They want to make money, so the entry fees are on the high side, but worth it.
Duncan has supported AMOC and pre war racing / team challenge for years, he knows what he is taking on
I support the move to MRL, if they dont get it going, nobody would, IMHO.

I would have been much more radical, stop the AMOC organising their own race days apart from possibly the Horsfall and buy selected races at VSCC meetings or similar club evens.
That would have minimised the exposure of the AMOC to financial risks while still providing the race opportunities to members.

Why the AMOC had to buy brand rights to a races series for NON Astons eludes me due to my bystander status.

I wish all parties concerned best of luck with AMOC racing in 2012.
If they want us to demo the EMKA Aston Martin Group C car, or get us to win the Horsfall on the road....
I can be talked into that.

Rudolf