View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2021, 21:04 (Ref:4037356)   #38
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
So Jean-Eric Vergne loses his podium to a time penalty (with others also getting penalised) for not taking an attack mode, when he is not allowed to do it under the safety car, which came about twelve minutes before the end of the race, and then there was a red flag which stopped the race. Can I just say that I think this is the single worst piece of stewarding I have ever seen in motorsport. (Or in any sport, including all the ridiculous penalty decisions that have gone against Ipswich Town this year). I thought we'd seen the worst of it when Daniel Abt had a win taken away because of an incorrect barcode. Then, yesterday, three drivers were thrown out of qualifying for improving on their laptimes when it was their first laps, which was pretty bad. But this incident today is shocking. Formula e races are really exciting, and it has the potential to be brilliant. But the terrible stewards/rules are the worst thing about it (along with fanboost), and until this changes it will never be remotely on the same level as Formula 1. Formula e should be ashamed. I've never seen anything like it.