View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3937833)   #2170
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i wasnt watching back then, but from what i have read, those races were not well received.

would be curious to hear from those with first hand experience though. lots of hotels i guess which was nice but was the racing any good?
I remember watching the highlights of both races, '81 and '82 on BBC and the first race was better than the second. The drivers hated it because it was very hot, with high g corners. Piquet passed out on the podium. The fixed skirts in '82, made for also a very bumpy track. F1 abandoned it after '82. CART raced there in '83 and '84 before they too abandoned it.