Advertising Partner
Rookie

United States
Forney, Texas
RussBohaty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morningstar, thanks for mentioning activity based training outdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I recently bought the Motorsport Fitness book, which seems to have a lot of good info. I definitely need to get my fitness back together, as I have suffered during the last year(family health issues, amongst other things, today for instance my scheduled swim session gone due to family dramas) and the more fit you are, the better it is and I can tell the difference.

I think the hard part for me is my erratic work and travel schedule and trying to be consistent with getting exercise. It might be a bunch one week and none the next. Also when traveling, I probably don't eat as well as I should, too easy to have that Bloomin' Onion at Outback for an appetizer.

In the past when I was consistent I was probably getting at least 10 hours of dedicated exercise every week. In the winter, swimming, maybe some weights and some cross country skiing. Last summer I picked up kayaking which I enjoy quite a lot now and mostly a lot of bike riding.

Mountainstar,

Thanks for taking the time to share that with everyone. I love outdoor type activities for my racer clients. Really anything to break up the routine of being in the gym and the habit of maybe doing the same comfortable things over and over.

A bored racer is a racer that won't workout or will just go through the motions.

Do you find that is an issue with your ability to stick with it and get the most out of your time?

I have always been a huge proponent of structure mixed with variety. The body responds best to constant challenge and change. I'd also love to get your feed back on the Motorsports Fitness Book. It would be really helpful to the group.

I'd be willing to send you and all my friends a free copy of my Racers Workout Blueprint so you could try it out as well. Maybe compare my approach with the MSB. Anyone that wants a free copy of the Blueprint, jump over to the Racers Trainer Facebook Fan page and post a hello. Mention that you came from ten-tenths.

We'll get into nutrition after Morninstar's response. I have some ideas that are a little different then the standard stuff you hear but I feel like it is key to max performance for my clients.

Russ