View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3009557)   #316
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
I think I know why you are so anti-Patrick now ... Danica was the leading USA driver in both 2008-9 IRL series. So if she is crap, what does that say about the standard of American drivers? Do we need a new thread - why can't American drivers win a "major" championship?
Dunno, American drivers win just about every drivers championship of any type in the USA, so I don't think that's a problem. Any American driver with pro aspirations is racing in Nascar these days. The indy racing league isn't really a professional championship anymore, very few drivers are paid decently anymore.

I was never a danica fan and I'm not a fan of the irl either. You should probably drag in "danicafan" as he is her biggest fan and paints rooms in his house her sponsor colors and has life size cardboard cutouts of her, according to pics posted on this forum. I'm sure he could do a better job of discussing her fine points and abilities as I'm not that interested.

I personally don't put a lot of thought into danica or anything about her, but I didn't like her years before most people had even heard of her and it had to do with stuff not seen in the public realm.

You should probably be aware that in order for her to do well the irl for years had rulings that didn't weigh the car with driver(some drivers had a weight differential of 80 pounds from her which makes a big difference in an open wheel car) and also gave her a steering rack change that amounted to "power steering" to enable her to actually be able to steer the car.