View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3010488)   #319
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Fair point about Sterling Moss deeks6 and in my defense, I have not totally ignored any of the data about women winning races, rallies and the like but you said in your quote above that all these achievements were in "Minor" championships, the question is WHY there has never been a female win a "MAJOR" championship?
Women tend to compete in rallies and "minor Championships because, much of the time, they have to either fund themselves or cannot raise enough sponsorship for "major" championships wich cost a sh**load of money to compete in. I have made the point several times in this thread - there are very few women to compete in Major championships and when they have they have invariably been unable to do the whole season and have had inferior equipment ... lets face it, you are not going to win the Tour de France on a Malvern Star!

However, I would consider a National Formula Ford Title as a "major" championship and you may want to google the result of the 1976 South African championship ...