Thread: WEC BR1 Dallara LMP1
View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3916750)   #344
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Close in pace maybe - at Le Mans, but still 6 laps behind after a problem-free run for #11.
I think they realized they will never be able to close that gap.
If they had spent 20 minutes in the garage, then you know there's margin for improvement but I don't think there is any now.
They pit more often and took longer to pit. That could be solved by the rule makers easily. You slow down Toyota's refueling and/or speed up the refueling of the private teams also you equalize the stint lengths of the cars as in don't give Toyota the 1-lap advantage because of being a hybrid. I don't think many at all expected them to do 3:18's let alone 3:16's. The former was a race lap. The speed is there it just needs to be consistent and easier to achieve.

My earlier post I said they need to have the correct type of tires on them to keep up. Toyota should be at 880, 890kg and these guys should be 810kg at the heaviest and allowed to do 11 lap stints at Le Mans.