View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3918204)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I was at Donington last Sunday. Great weather and not a bad crowd either. Who wudda thought Alvaro would be behind Rea in the championship after the first 10 or so races?

These riders are incredible. My jaw dropped every time I watched them come out of the old hairpin and accelerate hard ALL the way to the entry into McLean's! How on earth do the bikes stay underneath them? It looked like the rear was about to go into an almighty slide every time. Incredible to watch.
I'm like you, I've watched the WSBK guys at Brands(although not in recent years) and I'm absolutely astonished how the bikes defy gravitational and centrifugal forces in remaining upright, the level of adhesion is incredible. Come to that the BSB guys put on a pretty good show as well.
Apart from Rea who is in a class of his own, the rider that has impressed me this season is Toprak, or Superglue 2 as I prefer to call him. His finishing record is very impressive. Really good to see Chaz get a win in Laguna, hopefully a return to winning form.