View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3931886)   #204
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
for me this sort of touches on some of the larger problems with F1.

while Max is still young he has been in F1 for 5 seasons now and with his obvious talent level it is, imo, a failing of the sport that such a driver has not yet been able to legitimately compete for a title...for many reasons expressed in many different threads here, there are not enough competitive rides out vis a vis the number of talented drivers currently on the grid.

so i can understand a father's frustration and perhaps this is a good tool to take advantage of....i cant help but think about the timing of the comments.

maybe tacitly on behalf of RB, Jos can apply some justifiable public pressure to Honda before the Japanese GP in the hopes that Honda will scale up their investment/contributions.
From 2014 we have only had two cars capable of winning a championship in the field, from 2017 the same 2 cars are capable of winning the championship but only 1 has a driver with sufficient talent to do so.

Bad luck on Max that he has reached F1 at this time

We can only hope that the turn of form Ferrari has displayed since the summer break is genuine, and the initiatives in the machine for 2021 have the desired effect.

Failing this we are just stuck with a moribund formula, and young and existing driver talent should look elsewhere.