View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2019, 14:47 (Ref:3941113)   #21
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I saw it yesterday with my wife and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. I was skeptical going in as I had read an interview with either Bale or Damon (can't remember which) that said that neither of them were car guys. Was also worried about inaccuracies (not so much historical, but geographical) but then actually had fun spotting the shots of Road Atlanta subbing in for La Sarthe. Every time the Dunlop bridge was shown that was actually the bridge past turn 7 at Road Atlanta and the cars were traveling the opposite direction. Figure the Mulsanne Straight must have also been some highway in Georgia.

I appreciated that they did an excellent job conveying the mystique of Le Mans and what makes it special, they showed respect for the hallowed grounds. Not ashamed to admit that when Bale is explaining to Damon the difficulty of winning Le Mans and the passion required that I had a single tear stream down my cheek, that part got me, from then on I was enthralled.