View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4075003)   #224
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In fairness, when I read Horner's comments I don't see it as trying to blame someone else.

IMO, it comes from a journalist trying to make something out of nothing, and make a story out of the technical directive. He seems to have been asked what happened in the pit stop, and responded:

"We had what looks like a human error. We had an issue at the stop. The wheel was done up and ready to go and unfortunately the car wasn't released. It is a human error. Usually, the guys are phenomenal in the pit lane. It didn't go their way.
Of course, Mercedes then messed up because Lewis should have been well clear and then they had their issue and that's what put the two drivers alongside each other."

Trying to blame someone else - or just explaining what happened?
Im not one to defend Horner normally, but in this instance i'm with 'crm' on this and believe Horner has just explained what happened. The blame is laid specifically on human error.