View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3872399)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrows View Post
Looks like I need to go read appendix k but that shouldn't be a problem.

So far I have 3 or 4 copies of DAF 66 homologation papers and 1 copy of a Volvo 66 1300. My main question was which of these applies to my Volvo 66 1.1 litre, can I increase the engine size, change the grill and call it a 1300? Or is it fine as it is and because they're basically the same car would they all count?

Some of the DAF homologation papers are group 2, showing cylinder head upgrades etc. Could I do these upgrades on my Volvo or would I have a difficulties getting it accepted?
Welcome to the forum, Eyebrows! You’ve already had some good advice, so not much more I can add, but will try and answer the above.

If the Volvo homologation papers don’t show the extra tuning parts, then my understanding is that they can’t be used if you are trying to be FiA compliant. I don’t know how historic rallying approaches such questions, however.

As you’ve already discovered, there don’t appear to be any homologation papers for an 1100cc Volvo 66. Doesn’t mean the model can’t be used, but proof of original spec would be needed by other means. Again, unless rallying is different, you can turn your car into a 1.3 GL as it is the current spec that matters, not how it left the factory. As Gerard mentions earlier, an awful lot of cars being raced and rallied nowadays are built up from original base models!

Mike