View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3872409)   #13
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have now had a bit more spare time , so have looked through some of the details .

The class structure on Historic rallies has [ Usually ] no separate Gp N class , & capacity classes are up to 1300cc etc .
So it would be best to enter as 1300 Gp 2 .

Your Volvo 1100 has not got Homologation , so one possibility might be to Badge it as a DAF , you could then enter on the 1100 Gp 2 papers .
The 1100 Gordini engines could be made to go very well , but with steel cranks & lots of other engine work would be very expensive .

Another alternative would be to call your Volvo a 1300 , [ or even try to find a 1300 Renault engine ] , and then modify to what is allowed under Gp 2 regs in App J in period .
Gp 2 Homologation papers are only the Gp 1 papers with some additional comp parts shown . Under App J a lot of things are " FREE" [ do not need to be Homologated ], such as Cams , Manifolds ,Carbs , Exhausts etc .

So I think your best way might be to enter as a Volvo 66 1300cc Gp 2 .
You could check with John Cooper , [ listed in the Championship regs I posted ] , but I believe that you can use the Gp 1 Homologation papers as the car specification , & then App J Gp 2 modification rules to lift the car into Gp 2 .

I don,t think a single Solex carbed engine, [as Gp 1 Spec ] is going to be quick enough .

And have a word with Simon Hadfield about what works best with those engines