Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3872772)   #2447
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Voiceless… which doesn't mean I dont thank! I have to find out why each time I go for a lot of negative castor, she gets worse in the corners entry leading to hardly reach the apex. Manual states negative castor is 0.5 to 1,5°, going more than 4.5°/5° gives a lot of understeering atm.
Till now couldn't get more than 3° neg camber with non adjustable TCA's (Yoko or Toyo tires).
Was the use of fully floating half shafts a consequence of the remplacement of the drums by discs?

My first set of pistons was bespoke Arias I think. No Accralite available in the std bore dimensions (they are said sensible to overheating). The piston question is touchy because of the class limit.
I know you understand my - very - bad English what I mean is that if the chosen pistons need a huge clearance the risk is to land at circa 3034 cc… They check the bore not the piston diameter which is normal. Same thing with many others 6 cylinder, any overbore on a 2L 911 will send you above the mandatory 1999,99 limit!
Thanks again, you pointed the right "direction" giving me work for this winter. And may be more! Please go on.

PS You're a Chef and "King-Ford"! Hence the use of their briquets. I like your recipes, both food and Capri!