Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3872969)   #2451
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
These things were permitted for the Capri whereas they aren't for the Rover. All due to the manufacturer certificates presented to the RAC by Ford but not by Rover.
Dont think I'm thick head here (agreed, I often am…) but does this mean that each model or/and make had special agreements to compete in the Grp1,5 category, meaning that its hard to be understood if you're not deeply involved in?
Short words: you keep your ex-works SD1 as was in period, compliant, having a new HTP form filled from what you have not what you could have. Right? If any other SD1 was legally more developed than yours, engaged in an international series, proofs of period brought, all legal, you could have yours to the same state of tuning (may be have to change the livery?). Right? Could you keep the same HTP front page with only red pen marks written by an official scrutineer after this kind of alterations?
Apart from Blue Book, do you know someone ready to supply a copy of what Ford got from RAC and how much it would cost?

As to your Rover I consider being a piece of history, its not about what you could do but what you're allowed to do. Keeping her as was is a respectable and courageous choice, you dont go the easy way. No misunderstanding here, I hope. Yes?