Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2020, 21:00 (Ref:4024867)   #234
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
For the edifice of WyldStallion who is a rather new member to the forum, Napolis is Jim Glickenhaus. Jim has been very open and honest on this forum regarding his groups racing activities, and with their forthcoming LMH entry it’s safe to say has better insight into the mindset of of the FIA/ACO than the vast majority of us on here!
Thank you for the clarification. Certainly gives a new perspective. I'm as big of a GT fan than anybody. Prefer them far more than protos. Just got the feeling this year that the ACO/WEC and IMSA from a lesser extent is putting GT cars in the back of the line when it comes their priorities. Hope that is not true. But I was sold on the idea that the ACO/WEC did not want GT3 cars because they would prefer manufacturers like Audi to come to Le Mans to focus on the prototypes instead. Maybe same for BMW, Merc, etc. And that GTE Am would continue to be play a small role for a couple years just to keep GT cars on the grid but it would be an exclusive playground for Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, and maybe Chevy.

Side note: I hope Jim G is considering running the Sebring 24 hours in November 2021 by the way. I liked that overnight break format actually. Not for the blue ribbon events but for unique event like this it could be neat. Help get more daylight racing too.