View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3298243)   #48
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Anyway......moving along. We had a great time at Taupo on the Sunday. Great crowd turn-out (bigger than last year according to some punters), nice weather, the drivers seemed to behave themselves (as in they half the field didn't crash out at T1), and good food too. Highly recommend the wood-fired pizza.

But of course big congrats to Murph who won the Sprint Title. Race 3 was just epic to watch, and to see SVG go from pole to 2nd to last, and then move his way up to second again was phenomenal. My man of the of the match though goes to Paul Manuell, I thought he did very well in R3.

Taupo is such a nice facility and sitting up on the bank just before the final chicane enabled you to see most of the track. Good crowds on said bank.

Gutted for Jack Kofoed who had an oil pressure problem and could not run. He had just had his car re-liveried (if that is a word??) and his car looked great....but unfortunately for this round it was parked up.

Cant comment on the spark plug issue, and don't really want to get into the usual 'he said she said' debate that tends to go on here. But one thing I will add is that Eddie Bells rear lights have been tinted from day 1, and most cars have had tinted windows from last year....so who really cares (well, I guess some on here seem to).

Also big-ups to Andy Booth for finally winning a race Watching you battle with Murph was cool, until he had to pull in for a pitlane penalty.

Now you can all go back to your squabbling and pointless banter which does nothing for the sport or the series. Just remember that cars have to pass scrutineering first so maybe the issues raised above are not really 'issues' to be fussed about.

But no doubt some of you will make your usual mountain out of a molehill, instead of being supportive of a class that is just better than any other V8 category we have in NZ.
Turn your blinkers off, you dont know how frustrasted teams are at the way the rules are broken.

The sad thing is they check the top % of cars, find a non complience report it to the stewards who do nothing.