Old 28 Dec 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1188870)   #41
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
What exactly is wrong? I wouldn't argue that Bridgestone is molded around Ferrari, that's a fact, but I'd ask three simple questions:
1) Why aren't they molded around other ones?
2) What exactly is that clear advantage that Ferrari has over a Michelin-shod team? (as a matter of facts I lived under impression that Michelin teams have a clear advantage over Bridgestones)
3) Who points a gun at the teams' head and force them to use same tyres as Ferrari?
I think there is a couple of reasons why they are not molded around other teams. First of all they see Ferrari as there best chance of winning and they also see Ferrari as a team with a massive pile of money in which they can throw at testing testing and more testing. Like we have heard before that Ferrari have had cars testing at three different tracks on the same day. The result of this is that Ferrari/bridgestone win. Ferrari need bridgestone and bridgestone need Ferrari its a set up that works very well and its a set that know other team has. Look at BAR when they switched from bridgestone to michelin look at there increase in performance. Alot of this was down to them getting away from the the Ferrari/bridgestone set up. Apart from a few races in the second half of the 03 season I think that bridgestone has been the best tyre since 99. As far as forcing other teams to use bridgestone tyres are concerned.....Ferrari dont really care about that in fact the last thing Ferrari want is for a top team to move back to bridgestone.....which is not going to happen. As I said before I am not having a go at ferrari and no wonder Ferrari are %100 against a restriction on testing because that is going to effect the Ferrari/bridgestone set up

Last edited by pole2pole; 28 Dec 2004 at 15:18.