Old 14 Sep 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3850164)   #36
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yep, been to a burn out competition or two and I survived the experience. SMP seem to run time attack and roll racing without the sky falling in, good money in those and the market is just starting to develop on roll racing. The person who builds a track dedicated to drifting is going to get killed in the rush. It is called developing the market.

I have been at Wakefield for speed off the street days and seen people ejected from those more than once as well and that is what you would call mainstream motorsport. A well built spectator friendly track will take all those disciplines and put them into one facility including a kart track, put good facilities in for families where mum and the kids can go along etc. How many wives have killed motorsport careers because they hate going to the track which is dirty, nowhere to allow the kids to play etc. Short term thinking is the name of the game and always has been. I tried to buy a track a long time ago, it was going broke at high speed, the owner couldn't see it so he no longer has a track and I missed out as well.

Motorsport has moved on, it is no longer a circuit used strictly for car racing in the form we knew it, the new games are drifting, roll racing, time attack, burnouts and corporate track hire. Anyone who doesn't get that is blind to the facts.
Ever been to Winton? It caters for all those and even has a grassed area