View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2823100)   #506
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have been a meber here for a while now but have only just found this thread. Now I have I guess I should add my car to the lists of other toys here in this thread. I love it to bits, a Lexus SC400 Limited. AKA a 'UZZ31' 4.0L V8 Toyota Soarer Limited.. I have had it for a couple of years now, and before that it took me 18months to find it. I was 'a fussy buyer'.

Its pretty clean and tidy considering its a 1992, but with only 95000kms on it now from new (backed by the history). its had a quiet life of weekend only use. The previous owner to me imported the car to Australia from Japan as they were never available in this spec outside Japan. Most of it's life was spent in a lockup in rural Japan where it was registered for weekend use only, hence the low mileage.

Although it has all the bells and whistles, It is basically pretty well standard 'Limited' spec, but that gives: full Leather, heated electric memory seats Premium (Nagamichi) sound system and DVD Multi Vision Computer thingy, 2 way sunroof, Traction Control (with an ON/Off switch) and height adjustable suspension. Switch off and the mirrors fold in, the steering wheel and seat automatically raise when you switch off for easier exit, and lower back to your memorised preference when you switch on. It has more electronic and computer stuff than I can mention, some of which I would never use but you get that. It has not one rattle or squeak, the build quality is unreal, and it is the most comfortable and pleasurable car to drive that I have ever owned.

Driving it is a pleasure.... it handles superbly for a heavy car, has brilliant brakes, and of course it certainly not lacking in performance.

Oh and as you can see its metallic British Racing Green.

The thing I like best is the all aluminium 4.0 litre Quad O/H Cam, 32 valve V8 that makes it hum along quite nicely. It will drive at city pace very happily but put your pedal to the metal and, as the bishop said to the actress, "It pulls like a Schoolboy".
Surprisingly perhaps it seems almost reasonable on petrol. (An easy 22mpg round town and 28+ on a high speed freeway run. It has a 250kph limiter on it. (Apparently)

Here are a few pics.....

Love the engine...

The colour will go nice with these.....I have a set of GeWalt Evolution 3 piece rims (18x8Fr and 18x9 rears) to go on (pic below) though it wont be until new rubber is required on the existing wheels that I can justify that.

It is quite big so no city car, but I tend not to drive in there during the day, as the station near me has a free all day car park, plus it costs me $3 on the train and takes 10 minutes into the city centre..... $3 wont even get me a parking meter for half an hour, if you can find one.

I dont do a huge mileage these days, maybe 8,000 klms per year at a stretch. It has never let me down (other than a flat battery once) Its old and maybe even outdated, but then I guess it get to us all in the end. No matter. I love it though (you may have gathered that by now!) and I have no plans to change it....

Unless I can find a similar condition UZZ32 Toyota Soarer Limited, which was same level of trim and engine etc but with an excellent Active Suspension and 4 wheel steering package as standard. Only 800 of them worldwide though.